Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, many of us have limited our trips to clinics and hospitals to avoid the risks. With that, Emeritus Home Care LLC is prepared to provide home care services to our clients. Whether you need personal care or skilled nursing services, we will continue to deliver the same level of support you need in your home.
We make sure to follow all measures we’ve put in place to mitigate the risks and keep you and our staff safe. We are well-prepared and have significant experience when it comes to these.
Safety Precautions We Are Doing
Here are the extra safety precautions we are taking to protect you and your family from COVID-19:
- We strictly require our caregivers and professional healthcare staff to wear appropriate protective equipment, such as masks, face shields, and gloves all the time, especially when interacting with you.
- We are limiting patient visits and require all visitors to wear masks.
- All of our care staff will complete a daily self-assessment screening to check for symptoms and other health risks before providing care for you.
- We provide you and your caregivers with education about all the things you need to know about the COVID-19 outbreak. We will teach proper hand hygiene, the importance of social distancing, household infection control practices, how to monitor for symptoms, and many more.
Here are the things you need to do to ensure you and your family are safe:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based rub.
- Do not touch your face, eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed/unsanitized hands.
- Practice social distancing, especially from sick people, and stay at home as much as possible.
- Wear face masks when going out or with others.
- Stay home when you’re sick.
- Always clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you are experiencing mild symptoms of COVID-19 and do not feel like you need medical care, please stay home. Most people can recover at home without the need for comprehensive medical care.
Seek care for emergencies
If you are ill and you feel you have an emergency, call your local health care provider directly.
For more updates about the COVID-19, please visit the CDC’s website at www.cdc.gov.